Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Baby steps....and faking it.

HA!  Bet I surprised you, right?  I bet you thought it would be months before my next post.  Not so! I like to keep you on your toes.  If there are any of you left....:)

Things are cruising right along.  I'm well into the habit of walking 2 miles in the mornings at least 3 days a week.  The eating is going ok so far.  I'm using myfitnesspal and logging what I eat.  THIS week the goal is just to log everything, next week we'll move to staying under the calorie goal (although, so far i've stayed under it).  Next week, when the hubster is back to being free in the mornings, i'm going to try to hit the gym on the days that I don't walk.  Like I said, baby steps.

I'm having a hard time finding my mojo, though.  I wish I could figure out how I do SO well for awhile and then it just stops.  It's like the motivation is gone.  I know one of my biggest problems is not putting myself high on the list of priorities...or, honestly, often not even ON the list at all.  It's so hard not to put my kids, husband, work, family, etc. higher. It's hard not to feel guilty when I take time for me.  Although, I KNOW that when I take time for myself I come back to the family/work/etc with more energy and more to give, my heart doesn't know that.  There is so much pressure to be perfect, it gets to me sometimes.  I hate the feeling of letting anyone down, so I don't....but, really the person I'm letting down is me.  It shouldn't be so hard to let yourself down...right?

So, right now the plan is to fake it.  Fake it until I make it.  Baby steps, one foot in front of the other, one meal or one bite at a time.  I can do it. I have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment