Thursday, September 6, 2012

UNREAL Candy...the "unjunked" candy



Recently, through bzzagent.com, I had the opportunity to try the UNREAL candy.  It's candy that has been 'unjunked,' meaning it has no hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.  Being a bzz agent, I'm given products to try in exchange for me sharing my experience.  It's pretty cool, if you're not a bzz agent, check them out!

After a particularly tough transition during the first week of school, I wanted to get my boys a little treat.  That being said, I try not to give them too much "junk," so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try the  UNREAL candy.  I picked up the candy coated chocolate pieces and surprised the boys at pick up.  They were so excited to try it!  My little guy pronounced them "more beautifuler" than their "junked" counterpart and my oldest said that they were really yummy and tasted "more like real chocolate."  Although they were reluctant to share, I got a few bites and they were tasty.  What surprised me the most was that we all ate less of them than we would of the 'junked' candy, and all felt satisfied and as if we had been treated to something special.

Obviously, even "unjunked" candy shouldn't be a daily part of a healthy diet, but occasional treats have a part in a healthy life style and the UNREAL candy is a way to indulge without so much guilt.  Give them a try!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting!!! I will for sure give these a try :)

    Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

    ReplyDelete