Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm still here and new recipes!

Hi blog friends!

I'm still here!! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Things are ok, I'm not totally in control, but also not totally out of control. I'm maintaining, and with the craziness that is my life right now, I'm ok with that. Even though I haven't commented much, I've been keeping up with all of you through your blogs.

Because my family is a little tired of what I cook all the time, I've been branching out and trying new recipes. Let me just say...YUM!!! First, I loved the show "Next Food Network Star," and I LOVE Aarti, I'm so glad she won! Her recipes really intrigue me, because I love Indian spices but I'm not always certain how to incorporate them into our daily dishes. So far, I've tried her massaged kale salad, bombay sloppy joes, and mango bbq pulled pork. Each of these dishes was DIVINE. Seriously. The kale salad was so light and yummy, a total surprise since I didn't expect to like it. The recipe is an added bonus because kale is SOOO good for you. The bombay sloppy joes were spicy, sweet, and totally tasty. The mango bbq pork, however, was the absolute best. My whole family loved it and ate it right up. If you have a chance, try out her recipes! Sorry there are no pictures, I'll do better!

Also, Tami over at Nutmeg Notebook posted a mexican chicken salad recipe that I had to try. Rave reviews at our house. I thought that I had made enough for dinner and lunches for a few days, but, alas, no leftovers! Seriously, this salad is GOOD!

Anyone out there have any yummy new recipes to try?

6 comments:

  1. Got Indian spices from the big indian store at http://spicesonline.info
    Now many recipes on the cards... Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy Aarti won too! Love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you - I have missed you!! I might have to give some of those recipes a whirl! I just made Harissa Pulled Chicken for dinner, along with Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw, so I have been trying some new things, too! Hope to see you around more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love her new show...Just watched the pulled pork episode.. Yummy.... Im going to try it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delish! I haven't been able to catch her show, but I did watch her on The next food network star and loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so happy that she won too, I'm going to have to try those recipes, my mouth is watering just reading about them!!

    Jen
    http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete