Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Goodness

Oh my, SO much has happened since my last post. It's crazy how fast life speeds by. Our biggest event? We moved! My family and I bought a new house and moved about a month ago, and it's been hectic, stressful, fast-paced, and fabulous. The best part? We have a pool now! I'm loving that every day after work/school/camp, the family eats dinner and then heads outside. Our evenings are spent together and ACTIVE, which is a far cry from the way it was before. It makes my heart happy (in more ways than one, I'm sure!) Weight loss has not happened lately. The good news? I maintained. The bad news? I didn't make myself a priority and i'm no closer to goal than I was last year. Yesterday, though, I logged back on to My Fitness Pal (Clee0805 if any of you are on there and want to buddy up!) and started logging calories. Yesterday was great, my cals came in at 1390. Today is looking to come in around 1399, so yay! As some of you know, i've been struggling with chronic shoulder pain for two years now. I've been to, literally, 16 different doctors searching for an answer. I even had two surgies. No relief. Lately, I've been seeing a massage therapist for the pain and he and I have gotten close. At our last appointment, he told me that i'm so wound up and anxious, that he feels like much of my pain comes from emotional stress. We also talked about weight and how that was also part of my problem. He told me that dealing with the emotional reason behind the weight was the first and most important step. Right then and there I burst into tears. He's right. I KNOW he's right. I just don't know how to do it. I feel very trapped. Any sage advice out there? In other news, my baby goes to kindergarten next month. Kindergarten!!! How did that happen?! It seems like it was just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital, just under 6lbs of sweet baby squishiness. Now he's such a big boy. I'm so proud of him and the little man he has become, but part of me is so sad that we are out of the baby phase. I rarely get cuddles anymore :( So, that's my update!!

No comments:

Post a Comment