Monday, March 15, 2010

Checking in and a new favorite

Hi all! Sorry about the lack of posting/updating last week. It was just a crazy week at work! As far as eating goes, I did ok. Not great. I had two days where I had large calorie allowances going into dinner and we splurged. I though I was making ok choices, but they tended not to be so great. If I'm being honest, I let myself make poor choices. The good news is, this is a journey and I'm learning and growing (and hopefully shrinking) along the way. The bad news is, the scale is looking mighty mean this week. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in.





Yesterday I created the best lunch ever. YUM! One of my favorite "bad choices" is chicken wings. Funny enough, it's not so much the fried chicken part that I like but the buffalo and ranch or blue cheese mix. Every time I drive past the wing place I think about how yummy it would taste. So, I decided I needed a substitute. At the grocery store I picked up Joseph's Lavash Bread. It's yummy, HUGE, and a whole loaf clocks in at 100 calories with 6 grams of fiber. On that I spread 1T of ranch dressing and 2 tsp of pepper sauce. I topped that with sliced buffalo chicken breast from the deli and a large amount of baby lettuces. I wrapped that baby up and took a bite. Heaven, I tell 'ya. Heaven that clocked in at 281 calories. That number could be reduced by using less chicken and reduced fat ranch. I thought I had purchased the lower fat dressing but I grabbed the wrong bottle. If you like buffalo chicken, this is a treat! I'm having it for lunch again today.





Also, on Saturday we took the boys out for a day at the park and dinner. We played and went to Subway for a cheap and relatively healthy dinner. Recently, the armpit of Florida got a new Fro-yo joint, which is next to the subway, so we checked it out. This place is awesome! It's real frozen yogurt, not the sugar laden, tastes like ice cream stuff, but real yogurt. They display their nutritional information right at the entrance. 4oz of yumminess was 120 calories. It's also self-serve with lots of toppings, some scary in the nutritional department, but they also had fresh fruit! Yum! I had the room left in my calorie allowance so I indulged. I had coconut yogurt topped with fresh strawberries, kiwi, and blackberries for a yummy dessert that was just over 200 calories. Here it is:





That's a bowl full of yumminess, I tell ya ;)

So, I have some things to say about how I'm feeling in this journey, but that's a different post. Look for it coming soon :)

2 comments:

  1. Hubby and I just tried that fro yo yesterday.. It was yummy and really healthy tasting.. I had strawberry and skinny hubby had freaking mint chocolate chip...argggggg The freak.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try the buffalo chicken, sounds amazing! Your frozen yogurt looks good too!! I wish we had a place like that around here!!

    ReplyDelete