Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Weigh Day Yay!

This morning I was a little reluctant to step on the scale, given Sunday's disaster, but, I took a deep breath and stepped on only to discover a 5lb loss! Yay! That's certainly uplifting. It also made me really happy that I hit my calorie goals yesterday, so hopefully Sunday's misstep was only that.

The bad news is, I didn't get a run in yesterday. I was doing really well at running every other day but last night I was just exhausted, physically, mentally, and emotionally. With work stress, sick children, and some family drama going on, I was done. So, I'm going to have to hit the pavement tonight big time. I really want to push past the two mile mark.

I've probably said this before, but I'm doing the couch to 5k program. Right now I'm running week 5, but I've been running week 5 day 1 for awhile. I need to take it further and push myself. It's really funny, in a sad sort of way, but every time I hit a day where I will have to run longer I think that I won't be able to do it. It's an awesome feeling when I DO finish, though. So, tonight I'm going to try to run week 5 day 2, which brings longer runs. Now that I've said it here, I have to! :) Ya'll keep me accountable! I want to be in better shape before the weather turns hot, humid, and nasty here in the armpit of Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment